Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Major Mystery: what I do for a living

Mom and I just got back from spending the day together. Man! That woman is a hoot! I sure hope that there is some genetic coding in there, somewhere, that will allow me to look forward to being 83 and as irreverant, outrageous and funny as she is! The drive to the hair stylist's took 40 mintues - and we laughed all the way.

She's really an amazing woman. I don't know anyone who is more generous in spirit than she. Her compassion for others and generosity, at all levels, have touched the lives of so many over the course of her lifetime. Our house was always full of people that she did stuff for; people who found that talking with her made a difference in their lives. I often thought that she had missed her calling. I know that had she been born in another time, she would have been a doctor of some kind... of body, mind or spirit. As full as her life has been and still is, I sometimes look at her and wonder : had she been born in 1950 instead of 1925, who would she be today?

As we were driving home, Lorna starts talking about what I do for a living. After all these years (close to 20, to be more precise) she still does not have a clue what I do! SShe's like something simple, like teacher or doctor or therapist, that would make it easy for her to tell her friends. They would then hear the word and go "RIght! I kow that that is!" and that would be the end of it. She has often suggested that I write what I do on a little card and have it laminated so that she can hand it out to her friends. That way, she wouldn't have to try to figure it out. My older son, when asked what his mother does, tells people that I'm in sales! His reason for that? "It's just easier than trying to explain to people who you are and what you do." At some level, that does make perfect sense.

However, I find it all too puzzling because from where I stand, it's not complicated. I work with people so that they can transform their lives. But I don't think that's the tough part. I think it's HOW I do that that seems to cause the problem.

Last week, when I wrote the article on The Year of Practical Magic and listed the 5 Keys to Making It Happen, I wasn't kidding. I believe, with every cell of my being that those indeed, are the 5 essential requirements to transforming your life. Not making changes at the edges. Not tweaking a little here and there. Not complaining about it but unwilling to engage differently! But profoundly redesigning who we are in the world and, in the process, transforming our world.

Those 5 Keys are:

1. My body is a Quantum Biological Processor (QBP). This simple fact has profound and mind-blowing implications in that it does not add to our description or understanding of what a human being is – it completely redefines it! My body is not who I am – it is an exquisite, organic, profoundly powerful device that allows ‘me’ to express through it, in a physical universe… and it is a device, nonetheless! Like breathing is the key to an open, relaxed body, a soft, open and fully relaxed body is the essential requirement to creating a fully functioning Quantum Biological Processor.

2. Discovering that my body is a Quantum Biological Processor presses for us to consider: what is it processing? Processors have no value, in and of themselves, without having something to process. The Quantum Biological Processor that my body is processes signals/information/intelligence. These signals occur at multiple levels of expression, from the external physical (i.e. food for my lunch) to the internal physical (i.e. my feelings/emotions) to the esoteric (i.e. thoughts, intentions, expressions of the spiritual). The Quantum Biological Processor that my body is, is capable of expressing and processing all of these signals, at the same time. The human body is the epitome of multi-tasking.

3. I am not my body, I am the Signal. The “I” that “I” am, is the Signal that flows through the QBP and manifests in the physical world through body and behaviour. The Signal from Self….the signal that differentiates ‘me’ from my history, my cultural conditioning, my external demands….is in constant flow with those other signals that come from my history (experience/wisdom/knowledge) and the demands/expectations of my outside world. Nonetheless, the Signal from Self offers the clear, direct and internally-driven sensory cues – moment to moment, without fail - that will lead to my body and my Self being in total alignment, if I allow it. In that moment, an Emerging Future becomes possible.

4. Emerging Futures are the key to transforming our world. The alternative to an Emerging Future is to create the future from the past – which we already know how to do. To do otherwise, we must discover HOW ELSE to engage the energetic for expression through the physical.

5. Evolution by Intention is the platform that allows us to move beyond our historical notions of living and stand firm in designing how we live. In that moment, we become willing to let go of all that has been that we may create all that can be. The alternative is to continue to attempt to create the future, shackled by the past.

Here's the condensed version: we are the godforce in expression in a physical universe. We are the very thing that we seek. There is no external god... no guru/master/saviour/guide/mentor/guy-in-charge... that is not already us.

Those are not complicated words. However, those words, spoken that way, pack a punch to the body that most people recoil from. Those words are indeed a great challenge for most of us to process. In a world where we are rigorously trained to externally reference - to always look outside of ourselves for the cues and guideance on how to live the 'right' life - it is indeed heretical to suggest that our capacity for internal sensing (i.e. following an internal truth that is far more accurate and potent) is actually superior and that we're designed for it.

Such notions are a massive challenge to cultures/societies shaped through dogma (and that would be all of them), the tool for controlling organic collectives. The notion that each of us is naturally guided by internal cues to be the unique expression of the godforce in a physical world would render redundant the notions proferred by organized religion. In that moment, we would lose interest in killing each other over whose god is the right one, since it would have become a moot point. Organized religion forms the basis from which our rules about how to live are derived. Our collective beliefs, values and attitudes are fired in the crucible of our willingness to gather 'round an external god who will both reward and punish. The party line is that without that, we would be in chaos.

My experience has been quite contrary to that. The reverse has been more an evident truth: that the dogma of organized religion has become the platform on which we mercilessly judge ourselves and each other, often being judge and executioner to how another chooses to live his/her life; and being willing to make people invisible - or worse - if/when they are non-compliant.

So, maybe my son is on the right track. Used car sales, it is. Nothing too scarey about selling a used car. However, who would we have to become if we were to come face-to-face with the notions that a) we are the very thing we seek; b) no one will save us from ourselves but us; and c) our science - the god of the culture! - has been telling us for at least 10 years that we must redefine what we believe ourselves to be in order for us to get past ourselves.

Maybe Mom's on the right track. She finds humor in everything! What's NOT to laugh about when you've made it to 83 and are still vibrant, sassy, healthy and welcomed everywhere you go! Maybe I'll put those 5 Keys on a small card and laminate it - just for her. :)

Breathing is good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home